Construction Specialties - Firestopping
Firestopping is a passive fire protection system applied to construction joints, openings, and penetrations in a fire-rated wall or floor assembly. A properly installed firestop system restores the fire-resistance rating of the separation, protecting the structure against the spread of fire.
At Antex Western, we proudly carry firestopping products from Rectorseal, Hilti, 3M and STI, with in-house installers certified in these brands. We work with building owners/managers, general contractors, mechanical contractors and electrical contractors to help protect against loss of life and property.
Our firestopping service include:
- Smoke seals applied to joints, openings and penetrations through non-rated wall or floor assemblies
- Mechanical through penetrants
- Electrical through penetrants
- Structural through penetrants
- Control/Expansion joints
- Junctions between fire-rated wall and floor assemblies
- “Head-of-Wall” joints, where non-load bearing walls meet the underside of floor assemblies